Highlands Pathology Consultants provides full service anatomic pathology laboratory testing and laboratory administrative services for physicians, hospitals, and their patients in Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. The full service laboratory is located in Kingsport, Tennessee. The professional staff consists of eight board-certified pathologists who practice primarily at Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport and Bristol Regional Medical Center in Bristol. Additionally, Highlands services several smaller hospitals in Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
The State of Tennessee licenses the laboratory as an independent clinical laboratory specializing in anatomic pathology services. Our laboratory is enrolled in the College of American Pathologists – Laboratory Accreditation Program and is licensed for interstate laboratory testing under the Department of Health and Human Services, Clinical Laboratories Improvement Act (CLIA). All of the pathologists are licensed, participating Medicare providers.
Highlands Pathology Consultants complies with Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Law including providing interpreter services.
Summary of Our Services
Highlands offers a wide range of pathology services including:
- Surgical pathology including rapid frozen section consultation
- Extensive cytopathology services
- A full range of special histochemical and immunohistochemical procedures
- Specialized gastrointestinal pathology consulting
- In-patient and out-patient services for bone marrow and fine needle aspiration biopsies
- Laboratory and transfusion medicine consultation
- Medical directorship and clinical pathology consulting for hospital and physician office laboratories